Devotees will be able to visit Maa Durga in all the districts of Jharkhand including the capital Ranchi, although this time also a guideline has been issued by the government in view of the Corona crisis. In this, many guidelines have been issued including the size of the puja pandals. Apart from this, those below 18 years of age are not allowed to enter the pandal.
The administration has made it clear to the officials that all the worship committees will have to follow the guidelines issued by the government in any case. Whoever violates the order of the administration, legal action will be taken against him as per the provisions of section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act and also under section 188 of the IPC.
These are the essential guidelines related to Durga Puja:
- Puja can be done in specially made small pandals/mandaps.
- No decoration will be done around the puja pandal/mandap.
- There will be no food stall in and around Durga Puja pandal.
- It will be ensured that Durga Puja pandal/mandap is surrounded from all sides. To prevent visitors from entering it, it will be covered on three sides.
- Devotees will be allowed to have darshan from outside the barricade in front of the pandal.
- No telecast of tape/audio/digital recording will be done.
- No road will be blocked for making the pandal.
- No community banquet/prasad or bhog distribution function will be organized by the worship committees. But, home delivery of Prasad can be done.
- There will be no function/programme for the inauguration of the pandal/mandap.
- Invitation will not be issued in any way by the worship committees.
- Not more than 25 persons should be present in the pandal at a time.
- All worship committees shall ensure that their members/priests/volunteers have got at least one dose of anti-coronavirus vaccine.
- Those below the age of 18 years will not be allowed to enter the pandal/mandap.
- There will be no immersion procession, immersion will take place at the places marked by the administration.
- The program of Ravan Dahan will not be organized in a public place.